Contact centers have always relied on data to analyze and understand customer behavior and measure agent and department performance. However, the volume of data available from multiple channels and systems makes it difficult to analyze. To add to the complexity, contact center managers often do not have visibility into what is happening in real-time.Without clear visibility of real-time KPIs, contact center managers cannot make the critical intra-day adjustments necessary to keep their centers operating efficiently. To manage performance it is critical to know when an agent is having a hard time with a customer, when volume forecasts are not matched to demand, when too many agents are out of schedule adherence, or when the department’s average handle time is surging due to an unanticipated issue. By monitoring and utilizing actionable real-time performance metrics, contact center managers have the ability to address and fix issues in the moment, rather than hours or even days later when it’s no longer relevant and the customer experience may have been ruined.
Some of the top quantifiable benefits of adding real-time performance metrics to your contact center via dashboards and wallboards are:
- Increased service levels up to 17%
- Reduced abandon rates up to 60%
- Increased average calls handled up to12%
- Reduced absenteeism up to 9%
- Reduced staff costs by up to 10%
- Reduced operating costs by 18%
Where to begin with real-time metrics
Clearly outlining and adopting a real-time performance strategy can be broken into three steps:
- Creating KPIs and metrics that can be used to identify and address performance issues based on your specific contact center environment and goals.
- Putting a processes in place to allow agents, supervisors and managers to learn immediately when there is a problem.
- Determine the appropriate response plan to ensure that your staff is utilized effectively throughout the day.
Empowering your agents with real-time metrics and feedback helps them work together and self-manage as a team. They’re better informed and more equipped to make quick decisions and ready to provide the best possible customer experience.
Visit our case study section to learn more about the benefits from actual contact centers who have implemented real-time performance management solutions. Inova Solutions also offers a free 1 hour real-time performance analysis with industry expert Jay Minnucci. This is an excellent way to get started on defining a real-time performance management strategy that aligns with your contact center’s business goals.
Once your agents and senior management understand these benefits, you will be in a better position to achieve your performance goals. Also, stay tuned over the following months as we post more articles that will delve into each of these benefits that real-time performance management can offer your contact center.