A Great Place to Work
Inova Solutions offers a stimulating work environment for highly motivated, skilled individuals interested in joining a winning team. Inova offers a strong employment package with attractive salaries and a full complement of benefits that includes an exceptional health care plan, 401(k) retirement program, profit sharing, short and long term disability, life insurance, cafeteria plan, and optional dental coverage.
A Great Place to Live
Inova is headquartered in Charlottesville, VA, an up-and-coming city that Frommer's Cities Ranked and Rated recently named the best place to live in America. Nestled in the foothills of the Shenandoah Mountains, Charlottesville is home to Thomas Jefferson's Monticello and to the University of Virginia, a public university that consistently ranks in the top 10 public universities in the nation. Charlottesville has a vibrant downtown featuring an extensive pedestrian mall with unique shopping and dining options as well as several arts, entertainment and sports venues.
Human Resources Manager
Located in Charlottesville, VA, Inova Solutions is a global provider of real-time visual communication solutions, including real-time contact center reporting software and display systems, emergency notification displays, and Power over Ethernet (PoE)-based IP digital and analog clocks.
The Manager will oversee the Human Resources department in support of the Company’s mission and vision statements by developing, promoting, implementing, managing, and maintaining effective HR policies, programs, procedures and practices. The Manager must possess a thorough knowledge of personnel procedures and have the ability to take care of our people, while handling multiple projects.
- Keep the Management Team informed on all significant HR related issues.
- Provide expert guidance and recommendations on diverse and complex issues. Respond appropriately to all charges of harassment and facilitate conflict resolution.
- Arrange for in-house seminars on pertinent matters (e.g. Harassment).
- Manage the recruitment and hiring process: creating job postings, reviewing resumes, conducting screening interviews, verifying references and making offers.
- Plan and conduct new hire employee orientation and on boarding
- Prepare and be able to explain all separation documentation for terminations, coordinating with legal counsel if necessary. Conduct exit interviews and termination/continuation of benefits.
- Negotiate the annual renewals of the medical, dental, life and 401(k) plans in conjunction with the Management Team. Coordinate with insurance brokers on any related company matters involving insurances and employee issues.
- Plan and manage annual open enrollment process for primary and ancillary benefits. Also administers personal time off, leaves of absence, disability and employee assistance.
- Coordinate employee's activity with Payroll related to new hires, taxes, insurances, 401(k), etc.
- Facilitate timesheet submission, corrections and paid time off calculations.
- Maintain the Employee Handbook, revising as necessary on a timely basis.
- Maintain internal Sharepoint site to house and communicate HR documentation and resources.
- Develop and maintain current job descriptions for all positions in the Company.
- Maintain secure and compliant personnel files, ensuring that all pertinent data is current.
- Respond to requests for verification of employment, unemployment claims, etc.
- Educate staff and support Managers in the annual performance management process.
- Perform annual audit for workers comp policy as well as non-discrimination testing for cafeteria plan and 401k.
- Act as building security contact and manage keyfob access database.
- Work with Property Manager to address needed inspections, building repairs/maintenance and updates.
- Maintain and update spreadsheet on statistics for new hires, terminations, and other personnel changes on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for recording of monthly and yearly OSHA documentation.
- Join appropriate professional organizations; national and local.
- Schedule and coordinate flu shots, blood drives, United Way Day of Caring and other events that make life easier for employees.
- Arrange in-house meeting support to include food, beverage and room set-up for team functions as needed.
- Organize employee bulletin boards and internal communications.
- Responsible for purchasing items and stocking vending machines. Work with external vendors for water/coffee, trash, first aid kits, corporate hotel relationships, flu shots, pest control, etc.
- Order and organize office and cleaning supplies.
- Manages maintenance staff (one Janitor) and any temporary employees.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in a business-related field
- 4-6 years hands on experience as a human resources generalist
- Experience handling a variety of employee relations situations
- Successful candidate will be a list maker and a self starter
- PHR certification is desired
- Strong computer skills in MS Office Suite and experience working with multiple vendor databases
Inova Solutions offers a strong employment package with attractive salaries and a full complement of benefits that includes an exceptional health care plan, 401(k), short and long term disability, life insurance, flexible spending, and optional dental coverage.
Salary commensurate with experience. Reduced work schedule available (30-40 hrs/week). Preferred start date no later than May 26, 2014.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Equal Opportunity Employer.